Winter is just around the corner, and that means colder temps, more time spent indoors, and—if you’re smart—an affordable electric bill.
Don’t let winter catch you off-guard. Prep and plan wisely with a winter-ready checklist from your trusted team at Ampra Energy.
As the top provider of 100% Green Energy, Ampra Energy helps consumers take control of their prepaid, postpaid, and small business energy expenses.
Winter Safety Checklist
- Set Your Thermostat Correctly
- The first stop on your winter home prep should be your thermostat.
- For times when you’re indoors, try setting your home’s temperature at 68 degrees.
- When you know you’re going to be sleeping, working, or otherwise away from your home, set it even lower.
- There’s no need to keep an empty house thoroughly heated—that’s just a waste of energy and money, not to mention a potential fire hazard should anything go awry with your heating system.
- Add Warm Layers to Your Home and Wardrobe
- Once you’ve addressed the top tip on your winter home safety checklist, you’ll want to make some easy adjustments to your home and wardrobe.
- Dressing in warm, cozy layers, including thicker socks, will keep you warm indoors.
- Throw some extra plush blankets onto your bed, couch, or other lounging areas. Not only will these steps help keep you warm, but you’ll also feel more comfortable spending more of your time at home during the coldest season of the year.
- Electrician’s Checklist
- It’s always a smart move to have an electrician check for leaks in and around your home.
- The winter season brings with it increased chances of snow, sleet, and ice.
- As this water melts, the risk of interference with your home’s electrical panel or equipment is higher.
- An electrician can check for leaks, as well as the status of your home’s electrical panel, including making sure nothing is blocking access to this critical element in your home.
- Insulation Check
- Assessing your home’s current insulation level, adding more as necessary, is another essential part of winter-proofing your home.
- Check windows, doors, and other openings to your home to ensure cold air isn’t seeping through. If it is, have the area properly sealed or repaired.
- Close Unused Spaces
- Make sure any rooms or other areas in your home that are rarely used have the doors and vents closed.
- This will trap heat in the areas you frequent, keeping you and your loved ones nice and toasty.
- Clean Your Air Filters
- Regular maintenance of your home’s air filters is important year-round.
- This is because dirty, clogged, or blocked filters can cause HVAC damage.
- Prevent any unnecessary issues by regularly replacing old filters with new ones.
- Peruse Your Prepaid Electricity Options
- In addition to providing consumers with 100% Green Energy, Ampra Energy also offers prepaid electricity options for added cost-cutting on the monthly power bill.
- Prepaid electricity gives consumers the ability to pay for their power ahead of time, or before it is even used.
- Prepaid power plans are an alternative to postpaid plans, in which power usage is paid for at the end of the billing cycle after the usage has occurred.
- Electronic devices called Smart Meters provide consumers with real-time data displaying their household’s utility usage, allowing them to scale back as needed to stay on track with their predetermined power budget.
- Money can easily be added to an account in mere minutes should the need arise to tide the account over until the end of the billing cycle.
- For those who prefer the traditional method of paying post-consumption, Ampra Energy’s postpaid electricity plans and even small business offerings cover all consumer bases—at a price, everyone can afford.
Ampra Energy is committed to providing clean energy that is affordable and accessible for everyone—prepaid, postpaid, and small business electricity plans are available with NO credit check, NO deposit, and NO SSN or I.D. required for enrollment.
At Ampra Energy, everyone is approved!
By depending less on water and fossil fuels, and more on Texas wind and solar-powered energy, Ampra Energy is the leading provider of environmentally friendly energy solutions.
Prep your home for the upcoming winter months and start stacking up savings with Ampra Energy. Contact us now and get hooked up with lightning-fast service today.