Electrical-related fires and incidents that occur within residential homes are both frightening and common.
Thankfully, there are steps you can take to ensure electrical safety at home. Ampra Energy, the top 100% Green Energy provider in Texas, is serving up some seriously smart precautions you
can begin implementing immediately.
Ease your mind with these electrical safety tips for your home. Trust us—you’ll be glad you took the time to consider the following issues.
Electrical safety tips
When it comes to electrical safety measures at home, you can never be too careful. While material items can always be replaced, you never want to risk jeopardizing the safety of your loved ones.
- Keep cords in tip-top shape. Never have long extension cords or electrical cords running across high-traffic floor areas in your home.
- Not only does this present a trip and fall hazard, but it also increases the likelihood of damaging the cord.
- Damaged electrical cords are one of the most common culprits related to electrical fires.
- Check your plugged-in appliances for any power cord damage. Cords that are frayed, torn, or look otherwise in disrepair should NOT be used.
- Also check any power cords that have been stored recently. Animals or other critters in attic, garage, or basement spaces often chew cords or wires.
- Dispose of any damaged cords or wires you may find for added safety.
- Do not overload power strips. Try lessening the load on any power strips you may be using by spreading those devices or appliances out to different outlets/areas.
- Not sure if your power strip is working overtime? Try the heat test. When the power cord is plugged in, put your hand over the power strip.
- If it feels at all warm or hot to the touch, you need to unplug and move these devices around.
- You also need to move this power strip to another outlet.
- The heat is a sign of potential overloading and electrical fire danger.
- Do you live in an older house or apartment? If your home is more than 20-30 years old, you’d be wise to have a professional electrician take a look at your home’s wiring system.
- It may be outdated and in need of replacing or updating to a more efficient system.
- A trained professional will also be able to assess any damage or potentially dangerous situation you may not even be aware of—until it is too late.
- Consider the benefits of prepaid electricity. Prepaid electricity means paying for your household’s power consumption ahead of time, or before it is even used.
- This allows you to be more conservative with your cash by allotting a certain amount for your utility bill—and sticking to that amount.
- Smart Meters are electronic devices that record and transmit power consumption data in real-time to both the power company and the prepaid electricity customer.
- Smart Meters can be useful by not only allowing budget-minded customers the ability to track and scale back on their usage habits, but also to spot potential problems or electrical-related concerns in their homes.
What sets Ampra Energy apart from the competition?
- In addition to offering prepaid electricity, postpaid electricity plans, and even small business energy plans to suit whatever your utility needs may be, Ampra Energy remains the top pick by consumers in Texas for affordable, dependable service.
- Ampra offers 100% Green Energy to consumers through the use of renewable energy resources like Texas wind and solar energy. More environmentally-friendly, cost-conscious methods results in better rates and services for Ampra’s valued customers!
- Ampra Energy is all about customer care. Ampra regularly rolls out new and exciting promotions and deals to help consumers save even more on their utility bills.
- Do you have a shaky financial history? No valid I.D. at the moment? No problem! With Ampra Energy, you can get approved with NO credit check, NO deposit, and NO S.S.N. or I.D. requirement to hold you back from enrollment!
- Once you’re a member of the Ampra family, you can have your power hooked up on the same day—and depending on your location, in as little as two hours. Talk about fast, friendly service!
Don’t get left in the dark—join the Ampra Energy family. Ampra Energy is the #1 flexible retail energy provider in Texas.
Start saving with an affordable plan powered by 100% Green Energy today.
Call, email, or visit https://ampraenergy.com/ and explore all of your options!