Frequently Asked Electricity Questions In Texas
Do we know what electricity is? One look at your monthly electricity bill, and the answer is probably, “Not as much as I thought!”
To help you make more sense of the most frequently asked basic electric questions, Ampra Energy is here to break it all down for you.
Read on for some very helpful information from the top provider of 100% Green Energy in Texas—Ampra Energy.
How can I save more on my power bill?
There are many basic electricity questions and answers out there, but this one is by far the most common conundrum.
- Saving more on your monthly power bill may be something you thought wasn’t possible or within reach—but it is!
- By taking a few smart steps, you’ll soon see a decrease in the amount you have to fork over to the power company each month.
- The first step is to analyze each line of your charges. If there’s something you see that you don’t understand or doesn’t make sense, research it!
- Contact your power provider’s billing department or customer service department if something is clearly not adding up to you.
- Taking control of your thermostat is an easy place to start.
- In the upcoming colder winter months, research shows that setting your thermostat to 68 degrees Fahrenheit when you’re in the home (and lower when leaving for a longer period of time or when you’ll be sleeping) is guaranteed to have a cost-cutting impact on your bill—as much as 5-15%, in fact.
- Another issue that comes with winter weather is ensuring that your home is properly insulated.
- Check doors, windows, and any other openings to your home to ensure that they’re properly sealed and/or insulated. Have a professional take a peek if you feel you need more assistance.
- Another simple tip is to unplug lamps, devices, or other appliances that are rarely used.
- Go room-to-room and check to see what you can unplug for added energy (and money!) savings.
- Guest rooms are a great place to start.
What appliances have the most impact on my power bill?
Not surprisingly, there are several large appliances that also leave a big imprint on your utility bill each month.
- Hot water heater—make sure your tank and the pipes are properly insulated to maximize energy-saving potential.
- The optimal setting for your water heater’s thermostat is 120 degrees Fahrenheit, which is still hot enough for sanitation purposes but also keeps high energy costs at bay.
- Refrigerator—smart steps include keeping the door(s) closed as much as possible and checking to see that the door seals are intact and functioning properly.
- Both of these tips help keep cold air from escaping, which causes the appliance to have to burn up more energy to keep sufficiently cold.
- Washing machines, clothes dryers, and dishwashers—only run these machines when they have full loads to clean.
- Running loads that are too small means you’re wasting a lot of energy and will have to use them more frequently to clean the additional clothes or dishes.
- Don’t run these machines when they’re overly packed or stuffed, though—doing so will cause potential damage or breakage to the appliance, as well as send it into energy-draining overdrive to accommodate a load that’s too large.
What is the difference between prepaid and postpaid electricity?
Postpaid energy is widely considered to be the “traditional” method of receiving and paying for electricity.
- Postpaid electricity consumers typically use their energy and then pay for it after the consumption has already occurred, at the end of the month or billing cycle.
- Prepaid electricity, on the other hand, offers customers the ability to pay for their power consumption upfront—before it even occurs.
- By paying ahead of time for power, customers can spend a set amount and then track their utility usage to stay on track with their budget.
- How can prepaid consumers track their energy habits? Thanks to Smart Meters, which are electronic devices installed right in the convenience of your own home, you can easily monitor and scale back as needed with your household’s energy usage.
- Smart Meters feature a user-friendly, easy to interpret monitor that displays your home’s usage, as well as recording and transmitting that data to your online account, as well as to Ampra Energy.
- The data gets sent to Ampra Energy so that they can analyze it and develop customized energy-saving tips just for you.
- You’ll also receive handy alerts in the event your account balance dips below a certain amount. If necessary, you can quickly and efficiently add more funds to your account to tide it over until the end of the billing cycle.
- Ampra Energy also offers small business electricity plans to consumers across Texas, saving even more people money and energy.
- There are always special promotions, rates, and customer incentives for being a part of the Ampra Energy team—whether you’re enrolled in one of Ampra’s prepaid, postpaid, or small business plans.
Are you ready to start saving on your monthly power bill? Look no further than Ampra Energy, the 100% Green Energy provider in Texas!
Ampra Energy utilizes Texas wind and solar energy to provide prepaid, postpaid, and small business energy rates that are always dependable, reliable, and affordable.
Call, email, or fill up our form to get started today—depending on where you live, Ampra Energy can hook you up as soon as the same day you enroll.
Ampra Energy has plans available with NO credit check, NO deposit, and NO SSN or ID requirements—at Ampra Energy, everyone is approved