“Green Energy.” Sure, you hear that term thrown around a lot—but what does it actually mean? If you’re like many consumers, you may want to do your part to reduce your carbon footprint and make more environmentally friendly choices, but to really make a positive impact, you need to know what green electricity means, as well as be able to distinguish between different types of green energy.
Your friends at Ampra Energy, the top provider of 100% Green Energy in the state of Texas, are here to help with the green energy definition, green energy examples, and—most importantly—the green energy solutions available to protect our planet more effectively.
What Does “Green Energy” Mean?
Green energy is a term relating to the process of relying less on nonrenewable resources, like fossil fuels and water, and relying more on renewable resources, like wind and solar energy, to ensure less strain on our natural resources.
- Ampra Energy does just that—by using Texas wind and solar power, consumers can still enjoy affordable, dependable energy for the same price as traditional energy methods.
- Solar energy is an example of green energy that, along with wind-powered energy, is taking the power industry by storm.
- Residential homes, apartments, and small business dwellers can all take part in green energy plans from Ampra, thanks to the deregulated energy market found in Texas.
- Residents living in a deregulated area have their choice in power providers, resulting in a competitive market—and highly competitive rates—for consumers.
- In addition to offering cost-conscious rates for each of their 100% Green Energy plans, Ampra Energy also offers an array of options—including traditional postpaid, prepaid, and small business power plans.
What is Prepaid Electricity?
Prepaid electricity offers an alternative to traditional postpaid electricity billing methods. Unlike postpaid power plans, in which consumers pay for their utility consumption after it has already been used, prepaid plans offer more flexibility.
- Customers enrolled in prepaid electricity plans with Ampra Energy pay ahead of time for their power—that is before it is even used.
- By setting a predetermined budget and “paying as you go,” consumers have an added incentive to be more conservative with their usage habits.
- Thanks to technology made possible by electronic devices called Smart Meters, customers can track their household’s usage habits in real-time, scaling back or making other adjustments as needed to stay within their preset budget.
- Ampra Energy’s team also analyzes this user-friendly data, formulating customized tips for saving additional energy—and money—for consumers.
- Run out of funds on your account before the end of the billing cycle? No problem! Ampra makes it easy to add more funds quickly and easily, replenishing your account balance in no time.
- If cost-saving prepaid plans weren’t enough to tempt you, Ampra also offers postpaid and small business plans at extremely competitive prices.
- Ampra Energy is always looking for ways to save their customers even more money, and rolling out special promotions and cash-cutting offers is a part of that mission.
Are you ready to start saving on your monthly utility expenses while also helping preserve the planet? Ampra Energy, the 100% Green Energy provider in Texas, has exactly what you’re looking for!
Don’t waste another minute overpaying for your utilities.
Call, email, or fill out the signup form and get hooked up with the perfect plan from Ampra Energy quickly—as soon as the same day you enroll (depending on where you live!)